Chef Dominique’s Summer Marché pastry case transformation takes place from the 2nd to 4th August.
For the very first time in London, we’re celebrating summertime and the best fruits the season has to offer from all around the world with our very own farmers market fruit stall. We held our preview on Tuesday evening, seeing and tasting the tarts for the first time, and they are truly the most delicious fruit tarts we have eaten.
From 2nd to 4th August, we’re transforming our entire pastry case into our very own Summer Marché, with 10 beautiful fruit tarts. Chef Dominique and the team have sourced the very best summer fruits from across the UK and around the world, from fresh blueberries from fourth generation blueberry farmers in Hertfordshire to juicy ripe Jubilee Strawberries grown exclusively at only three UK farms, English plums with Kent beach honey, and more.
The Summer Marché collection will include the following:
- Kentish Cherry Tart – with sweet Rainier cherries grown in Kent, fresh red cherries, toasted hazelnut cream, and sour cherry jam
- Golden and Red Raspberry Tart – with sunny golden raspberries (which have a sweet and subtle floral flavor) and ruby red raspberries, complemented by creamy Tahitian rice pudding and homemade raspberry jam
- Fresh Mango, Kalamansi & Coconut Tart – with juicy ripe sliced mango, kalamansi curd, whipped coconut ganache, and a hint of fresh lime zest
- Honey-Poached Apricot Tart – with ripe honey-poached apricots from the south of France, fragrant tonka bean and Valrhona Almond chocolate ganache, and fresh apricot compote
- Wye Valley Blueberry Tart – with local British blueberries grown in the Wye Valley (a lush region that results in juicy blueberries that are plump and sweet), fragrant lychee cream, and blueberry jam
- Italian Black Fig & Earl Grey Tart – with sun-ripened Italian black figs, creamy Earl Grey tea-infused ganache, and homemade fig jam
- Jubilee Strawberry & Cornish Clotted Cream Tart – with summer-sweet Jubilee Strawberries (which have a classic heart shape and fragrant strawberry flavour), whipped Cornish clotted cream ganache, and strawberry elderflower jam
- Metis Oxy Plum & Honey Tart – with Metis Oxy plums (a plum and apricot hybrid grown in the warm south of Spain, noted for its crunchy dark skin and juicy sweet and vibrant red flesh), Mirabelle plum jam, and Kent beach honey ganache
- Yellow Peach & Crème Pâtissière Tart – with blushing yellow peach, peach crème pâtissière, and homemade white peach jam
- Blackberry & Savarin Tart – with whole hand-picked blackberries, silky Brillat-Savarin ganache (made from rich triple cream Brillat-Savarin cheese from France, which has a mild fresh milk flavour) and homemade blackberry jam
To ensure no one misses out on this incredible collection, five of the tarts are available for pre-order from today for the next five days until Friday 2nd, for collection until Sunday 4th. Please find further details below.
Dates: Friday 2nd – Sunday 4th August
Times: 8am – 8pm, from 9am on Sunday
Dates: Orders: Monday 29th July – Friday 2nd August; Collection: Friday 2nd – Sunday 4th August
Eat-in: £7.20; Takeaway: £6.50;
Limited-edition online exclusive for pre-order: Box of 5: £30
(Tarts included:Jubilee Strawberry & Cornish Clotted Cream Tart / Kentish Cherry & Hazelnut Tart / Blackberry & Billat-Savarin Tart / Yellow Peach & Crème Pâtissière Tart / Italian Black Fig & Earl Grey Tart)
Dominique Ansel Bakery London, 17-21 Elizabeth St, Belgravia, London SW1W 9RP
The store is open from 8am to 8pm and from 9am on Sunday
About Dominique Ansel:
James Beard Award-winning Pastry Chef, Dominique Ansel has shaken up the pastry world with innovation and creativity at the heart of his work. As Chef/Owner of eponymous bakeries in New York, Tokyo, and London, and a forthcoming restaurant opening in Los Angeles in Fall 2017, Chef Dominique has been responsible for creating some of the most fêted pastries in the world, including: the Cronut® (named one of TIME Magazine’s “25 Best inventions of 2013”), The Cookie Shot, Frozen S’more, Blossoming Hot Chocolate, and many more. For his prolific creativity, he was named the World’s Best Pastry Chef in 2017 by the World’s 50 Best Restaurants awards. Food & Wine has called him a “Culinary Van Gogh” while the New York Post coined him “the Willy Wonka of New York.” He was also named Business Insider’s “Most Innovative People Under 40,” one of Crain’s “40 under 40,” and was bestowed the prestigious l’Ordre du Mérite Agricole, France’s second highest honor. Prior to opening his own shop, Dominique served as the Executive Pastry Chef for restaurant Daniel, when the team earned its coveted third Michelin star and a four-star review from The New York Times. He opened his first shop in 2011 with just four employees.