The Launch of
The VICE Photo Exhibition 2009
in association with G-Shock
Thursday 13th August @ The Printspace
The VICE Photo Exhibition 2009 will run for two weeks at London’s The Printspace before touring Spain, Italy and France. The exhibition celebrates the VICE annual photo issue – the biggest edition of VICE Magazine with 205 pages published in 22 countries simultaneously.
The exhibition will showcase work by leading VICE photographers and includes highlights from the 2009 annual photo issue, both of which use portraiture as their starting point.
The exhibition includes newly commissioned work, material from previously unseen archives and new work from the likes of Richard Kern, Angela Boatwright, Maggie Lee and Dana Goldstein.
Highlights of the annual issue and exhibition include:
– Black and White by Terry Richardson and Moonage Daydream by Ryan McGinley – images from both series have been used for two separate covers of the August issue of VICE, available now.
– Archival Girls by Richard Kern – early photos of old friends, old friend’s girlfriends, strangers and strippers.
– Mystic Heather and Virgin Snow by Tim Barber – photographs from a portrait series of friend Julia in and around New York, and up in the woods of Western Mass.
– Three Photos by Peter Sutherland.
– Jailbait Core by Dana Goldstein.
– Hackney Unicyclists by Alex Sturrock.
– Candid Reich by Nico.
The exhibition runs from the 13th – 26th of August
Opening Hours – Monday to Friday: 9am to 7pm
74 Kingsland Road, London E2 8DL
Tel: 0207 7391060
Bus from Old Street: Take the 243 toward Wood Green from Stop K
Bus from Liverpool Street: Take the 149 towards Edmonton fromStop E
On Foot: from Old Street or Liverpool Street
View selected content online at www.vice.com
For further information, preview copies, access to the private view and interviews with select photographers including Richard Kern, Angela Boatwright, Maggie Lee and Dana Goldstein, please contact us.